lunes, 9 de abril de 2007

Where there's one there's a thousand....

Amber's makeshift coffee pot:
This is how we have to rig the toaster to make it work:

Making oatmeal- I don't know what's going on with my hair:

Sunday we went to the AG language school for an Easter service. There were a lot of people there learning Spanish to be missionaries and some of them were from Southeastern. We had a big buffet afterwards with American food, it was good, but the desserts were the best. I can't remember what else we did on Sunday but we sprayed the kitchen and our bedroom for bugs. We sprayed behind the counter and something ran out, so we screamed. Then I made Amber spray down this crack and I saw her elbow shadow move across the floor so I screamed and then she screamed and then our neighbor Randall came over and took the bug spray and took over. It was much less nerve-racking when someone else was doing it. However, while Randall was spraying our house, we told his friend we had seen a roach last week and he said where there's one there's a thousand...that doesn't make me feel well. And to top it off, before we went to bed we saw a baby roach climbing up the wall next to the bed....we've yet to see the parents...

Today after we got up we went to the bread store and bought some bread, it was about 25cents for a loaf so I think we'll be going there pretty often. Then when we came back I made myself breakfast- beans and eggs, sounds weird, but it was really good. Then we got ready and took the bus to Mall San Pedro. We got a job there at a call center, but we will be doing customer service for them. They were so impressed with our English that they hired us on the spot. We had to do an English evaluation and I got a 100% but Amber only got an A-...she put the wrong verb in a sentence. She wrote: The store opens everyday at 9pm....should've been closes. But her English is still pretty good anyway.
After that we went downtown and I printed out my resumes and the application for UNELA. We're going to UNELA for an interview tomorrow,I'm pretty sure we already have the job, but I guess we'll find out later. With the job at the mall we should make enough money to cover the rent and to get taxis to and from UNELA, since the jobs would be at night downtown we don't feel comfortable walking or taking the bus.

But that's the exciting news for today...
PS- I wish Patty Neuerman was here because my skin is peeling and she loves peeling it off!

5 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Hola Sara espero que estes muy bien. i saw your blog and i love it. Keep the good work girl, and you are really brave to be around roaches hehehehe. hopefully i 'll see you in December.

Allen dijo...

Sara,

This is Amber's dad. She gave me the this blog address. Thanks for the updates.

Allen

Anónimo dijo...

Is that toaster sitting in a pan that has water on it!!
Beans and eggs?? no rice.
ambers coffee pot is GREAT! Love Mom

Jacob C dijo...

we won last night. i scored twice, jordan scored twice, aaron scored twice, i think megan scored twice, erik myers (from mt. vernon) scored once, i think caleb scored once and i cant remember past that. zach (mt vernon) played in goal the whole time so that was nice. overall it was a good and fun night. we ended up not really needing derek and susa and pastor jimmy cause the other team was not very good. just thought id update ya!

Sara Britt dijo...

thanks for the update jake, jordan had texted me and told me you won, but she left out all the scoring...so you did get two? way to go =)