martes, 10 de abril de 2007

Tupperware? Really?


Rice & Beans, and platanos! Mmmm...this was one of our first homemade meals...

So again we had problems with the roaches...this is becoming all too common for me. Our neighbor sprayed throughout our house for bugs and used the whole can of spray but told us not to worry, everything was dead, and we could buy a new can of spray in the morning (I should not have trusted him)...well he left to go somewhere with his friend- the only other person we really know here, and Amber and I went to the bedroom. Well she went in first and said, "Oh my gosh, come look at this." I told her I didn't want to see it so I went to get the bug spray for her, but the can was empty so she said go get someone. So I hurried to the end of the little alley of apartments to this guy's house that we met earlier- but don't really know- and I asked if he had bug spray he said, "You won't believe it but I actually do," I was so relieved! But, then he gave me a can of OFF, so I said "Oh, no, I mean the kind that kills bugs." He said, "Oh that stuff? No," and handed me a plastic tupperware and a lid. I gave him a smartalic smile and said, "Are you kidding me? I'm not using that." So he said, "Oh my gosh, you're such a girl!" So he put on his shoes and went to our room. He went in and saw it on the wall and went to capture it, but somehow lost track of it and it fell off the wall onto the floor and scurried into our closet!!! And all my shoes are there on the ground!!! And the drawers we keep our panties in! (Sorry if that's too much information, but it is very traumatic for us) We never found him, but as precaution we scooted our bed away from the wall and I moved my nightstand to be in between me and where the roach was last seen. I also left the TV on all night hoping that he'd be scared of the light and stay hidden away. But good news- we found 6 DEAD roaches in the kitchen from our neighbor spraying under the cabinets, yay! (Now if we could only find the one in our bed room...)


We went to UNELA this morning for our interview, and we got the job, well I don't know if job is the correct word? We're actually doing volunteer work, haha...hopefully the job at Mall San Pedro will pay enough that we can afford our rent, food and transportaion! Because UNELA is far away and it will be necessary to take a taxi there every time we work (the bus route doesn't pass the university). But UNELA seems like it'll be a great place to work! I start a Saturday class this week- I"m so nervous. I am also taking over a Thursday evening class starting the 19th. They are both intermediate levels, mainly dealing with grammar. I am so excited about that because I have done beginning levels and feel that I am good at that level but now I will learn how to successfully teach grammar, something that will be very useful when I go home. Amber will be covering absences for several of the teachers and hopefully taking over this one woman's classes twice a week. She will be doing beginning level classes because that is what she is most comfortable with.


We got a call back from Datascension (at the mall) we go in tomorrow to turn in our resumes and to get the rest of the info on what exactly we'll be doing. We have training for the next two or three weeks from 9 to 5 (and it's paid- Praise God!) So as I said before, we're hoping it will supplement not being paid for teaching.


I went to the arcade at the mall today and hit the jackpot on one of the games and got 394 tickets! It was so amazing! I got one of those guns that shoots the foam ball at people (but is attached to a string), I'm really excited about that. I also got 26 candles with my remaining tickets, 23 of them will be for Amber's birthday next month and the other three will just be for special occasions...


Ok well that's enough for today I just wanted to give an update about UNELA...(sorry if there's spelling errors, spell check isn't working and I don't want to take the time to recheck it myself)

3 comentarios:

Unknown dijo...

roaches are sick. im sorry you have to live with that. i dont think i can handle bugs anymore.
so you will be working at the mall in a store and volunteering teaching?

Speaking in Tongues dijo...

the mall job is customer service and we'll be dealing with customers from office depot (from the US)

Karis dijo...

i'm so excited for you, sara. :) i'm so glad you get to do this! It's great reading your blogs. Sorry about the roaches... blech, that's gross. (at least they aren't spiders...)