lunes, 5 de noviembre de 2007

It's been FOREVER!

I'm so sorry. But with going home and all it has been quite sometime since my last entry. But don't worry I will do a full update!

Ok so I went home on the 17th it was almost a smooth trip. My flight left Miami 15 minutes late which was a bad thing because my layover there was only about 20 minutes. So i ran all through the airport carrying a huge duffle bag and arrived at the gate just as the plane was leaving. I was so out of breath and when I asked for the flight to Indianapolis the guys put his hand up and said, 'its gone' and walked away. I was to the point of tears and then a business man arrived behind me (also out of breath from running) and I told him what the guy said and he was not satisfied with that answer so he gave the man there an earful and i was on the next flight to Indy (unfortunately that man wasnt since there werent enough seats on the plane and I arrived first).

Ok so Thursday was the Bachelorette party for Jessica Williams (Orme) I think it was really nice. We went to Buca de Beppos for dinner and then bowling at Jillian's. We were very nice to Jessica and didn't embarass her too much, it was enough though that she said I'd be sure to get it bad when it was my turn (she'll probably forget about it by then haha). But it was good, I think she had fun overall.

Here's the girls at Jillians:Heres Jessica with her classy veil and glasses:

Friday morning I spent with my beautiful neices and then got my dress fitted and then off to the rehearsal dinner- at El Jaripeo, it was great. I havent been there in a while. Saturday was the wedding. Everything went wonderfully- I dont think anything went wrong or not as planned which is always nice. And the reception was nice too.
Heres the wedding party- I love this picture:This is us being 'silly' I'm glad I wasn't in the front for this one:Heres a nice one of all of us- might've been perfect if Katies shoe wasnt off and in front of her dress:Sunday was family night at the house to celebrate Aarons birthday- he's getting old =) But it was so great to see all my family and friends again! Monday I went to Bob Evan's (yay!) and then that night we had Monday Night Football with the new big screen at my parents! That was very fun. Then sadly Tuesday was my return trip to Costa Rica. It went well so I didnt have to worry about anything there...
Wednesday- back to work- Thursday was exciting Orange Day (the theme days keep getting better and better) And then Friday was great! My team had a perfect customer service rating so we all got Fanta's, chips, homemade chocolate chip cookies, and tons of candy. Then later they had a special certificate ceremony for a group of us who consistently receive perfect scores (Amber and I were both included in that). That was nothing super special but I did get to be off the phones for about 30 minutes.
The following Sunday my TL, Monica, had a BBQ at her house for our team. It was really good. Stuffed peppers, shishkabobs, sausages, etc...It was a good afternoon. (Here are some stuffed peppers):

My parents bought me a laptop as an early birthday present, however once I got here its quit working. I tried charging it, messing with the battery and calling India to talk to HP directly (unfortunatley they didnt have any information and i'll have to try again later when I have a screw driver). And on top of that Ambers computer is having all kinds of problems. She may have a virus or something even though McAfee isn't detecting it. It just runs really slow like it's out of memory- so those are my excuses for not being online very much and leaving updates...(Heres my beautiful new, not functioning laptop the Compaq Presario C500):

Now on to last week. Monday night I met Lena again for dinner at Pane e Vino an Italian restaurant in Multiplaza del Este. Shes the woman whos in the language school here. Shes actually going home (to Cleveland, OH I think) on Dec. 17th and then to Peru a couple of weeks later with her husband and children to serve missions for 2 years. I really enjoy meeting with them, they are very interesting people. I told Lena that if I can get a position working in the AG somehow when I get home I'd try and get an AIM or MAPS trip there, she really liked that idea.

Halloween at work was interesting. We got lots of candy and some people dressed up, but I dont know that there were any prizes or anything. The people who dressed up were mainly the new people that just started that week. And I was so priviledged to walk around all day and offer support and answer questions to those people. I really enjoyed that day. They actually had a meeting, all the TLs and managers about opening a new TL position and the manager Rico asked if anyone had an agent in mind for the position and everyone said no. Then he said the only one I would want to do it won't be here long enough to do it. (oh and that was about me!) That made me feel really nice though that of all the people working here I'm the only one he'd pick for the job. Friday was payday- I worked a total of 5 days so that wasn't very exciting- just enough to cover my rent =) But I guess thats all that matters. Heres my TL, Monica, and super trainer Gabriel as Zorro in celebration of Halloween:


Yesterday was the big day. Colts vs Patriots. How sad it was that the Patriots won. Just a bunch of cocky cheaters. But! We did break all their 'staggering' numbers and records- ex: they didnt score on their first drive, they trailed longer during this game than all others this season, Brady was sacked- not once but TWICE and I beleive there was an interception in there somewhere. And didn't they have like 150 yards in penalties? Weird that a top notch team plays so dirty and against the rules, right? So all in all I still feel good about the game. This isn't the important one- the important one will be at the end of the season. This one just shows that the almighty Patriots may have a weakness or two and we may have figured those out to capitalize on come playoffs...

On that note I guess I'll close this entry out. I'm sure anyone reading this is probably tired of reading now...So I'll be better about updating and I'll be sure to try and get all the fun work pictures from my bosses to put on here... (oh I added pictures to the other entry, the one where I won the $100)

No hay comentarios.: