viernes, 16 de noviembre de 2007

First Week Without Work

OK so... I have completed one week without working and well I don't regret quitting at all =)

Monday I made a "to do" list for the house and my room before we leave (since we're down to one month) its got about 20 things- and I know thats not all... I also updated my resume including UNELA and Orbis/Office Depot. So now I can look forward to my next job =/ I kinda like not having a job haha....

Tuesday is the day my Prison Break obsession started. I watched a couple episodes during the day and then borrowed Season 1 to watch here in the evenings (which sadly I finished in just 3 days!) But now I'm on to Season 2!

Wednesday Monica had off work so I went to her house and then we walked to Plaza del Sol and ate at Pizza Hut. You know its weird. I hate Pizza Hut at home but here I LOVE it... I don't know why its so different, but man its good. Then we walked back to my house since shes never been here and did some grocery shopping and talked for awhile...

Thursday I got up early and went to the National Museum downtown. It was interesting, but not like the National Museums in the US- It made me really want to go to Washington, DC because although history in general is interesting to me- its just so much more interesting when its directly related to me- know what I mean? And after the museum I bought a few things in the open air market- I love that place...

Here's me by the tower on the National Museum- it used to be the headquarters for the government. Before Costa Rica got rid of their army there was a big civil war and all the diplomats and politicians were in this building and the outside walls are still covered with bullet holes but they never repaired them to remind the country where they are now and where they came from:
Here's me with a painted ox cart- a traditional symbol of Costa Rica:
And here's me with some canons:Inside the museum they had a Secret Garden which was a butterfly exhibition so there were hundreds of butterflies flying around- it was nice:
Well, that brings us to today. Big thing today is I'm going to the mall to pick up my last pay check. Bittersweet since now I have a set budget =) But worth it not to go take phone calls all day....

No hay comentarios.: