jueves, 3 de mayo de 2007

If it's not one thing, it's another...

So its been almost a week and this time stuff has actually happened...

Saturday we walked to Plaza del Sol, it's behind our house and one major street over. But there was an Auto Mercado there that has almost everything! But the prices are not good. There was a small bottle of Dove body wash for $6, a little ridiculous. But while we were there we saw a little puppy at the pet store sleeping in his food bowl cause he was cold. He was just the cutest little dog and I'm gonna talk to the owner here about getting him! He's a brand new puppy for only like $100. It's almost too good to be true. Plus we have the little extra room here that we dont use that has a gate on it already- perfect for an animal....so we'll see.

Monday morning we started our training for Orbis (the Office Depot company) The first two days were pretty slow, we didn't do much since the computers weren't ready for us; so we sat and listened to pretty much an 8 hour lecture. It was ok though because they gave us all notebooks and pens to take notes with so I ended up drawing a lot of cool pictures. Wednesday we started on the computers and started learning the ordering system and how to do the different operations. So far we're understanding it pretty well. But we haven't learned the difficult things like making returns, giving credit, customer complaints, etc. I guess that will come later. Today I was alone in the training room working on my lesson plan during a break and our two trainers were having a little spat. Gary told Westley- "I don't feel like we're even a team anymore" and Westlley sounded a little annoyed and kinda said what he thought and then Gary said, "I'm just expressing how I feel." It was pretty funny, and a little bit awkward too since I was the only person in the room while they were fighting- I tried to look busy.

House News: We got our second bed!!! Not that we have any big plans on using it anytime soon but it is there if we need it haha. They also sprayed in our ceiling for termites since we've had an outbreak- or ome sort of plague...it's been terrible...but hopefully itll be better soon. Also since the insects aren't really a problem right now of course something else has to be happening, an that is- the toilet is leaking. We don't know from where or why, but in the mornings we go in there and theres a lake around the toilet. Tomorrow theyre sending a plumber to check it and see if it's our fault or if its just old or something. If they think it's our fault we have to pay, if not they pay. But we really have no idea how it could possibly be our fault.

Last night we went with some friends to watch the Saprissa game against Heredia (the spelling may be off but you don't know otherwise) Well Saprissa is like the huge team here cause they're from San Jose but I don't cheer for them because they're purple and white (a little gay in my opinion). So I cheer for the team from Alajuela- they're red and black (so much more manly). However, I haven't cheered for them at all because I've never seen them play! =) But after the game last night we (Me Amber & 4 Ticos) drove up one of the mountains to a look-out point where you can see all of San Jose and Heredia and it was so beautiful cause it was night time and there were soo many lights. I was really glad we went there.

But for now this is all I'm gonna write because we're supposed to be going to the premiere of Spiderman 3 at midnight and I haven't heard from our friends yet. So I need to go call them and get ready. I'll also try and get some pictures up here...Love you guys!

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

hey, your dad got his birthday card yesterday!! all those bare bottoms on the card.....I couldn't look! = )
Why is your toilet only leaking at night? And who will watch the dog when you all take week end trips??? fight the urge!!volunteer at the pet shop or animal shelter.

Anónimo dijo...

Hey Sara! Crazy girl! What are you doing in Costa Rica with Amber? Well, Paul and I are doing great! We are actually moving to North Carolina end of June. I was just thinking about you the other day. Anyway, Paul got accepted to Grad School with a TA (Teacher Assistantship). He's getting his masters in English: Literature. I'm not sure yet what I'll be doing there but I don't think I'm teaching while I'm up there. I might get my masters as well...who knows?!? Well, it sounds like everything is great with you (except maybe all the bug scares...lol) Please email me sometime christine@thecorrigansonline.com or cvcorrigan@aim.com. Luv ya and Miss ya!