lunes, 14 de mayo de 2007

Sorry it's been so long...Calm down!

I know everyone has been checking this daily wondering, "When will she post again? What's going on down there? Is everything ok? Have the bugs won that battle and the girls haven't lived to tell about it?" Well I'm sorry! But I'm back and I'm going to tell you exactly what's been going on and I am sorry for the wait...

Friday (the 4th) we went to see Spiderman 3 the night it came out. Not the midnight premiere, but that night- you know what I mean. 
This is me and Amber with Jorge-
she loves my 80s hairstyle here...
I have to say I agree with her.

Monday I moved my clothes over. So now I am officially living in the other bedroom. We got the bed and I slept there once to test it out, cause I was still unsure and I ended up liking it so I moved all my stuff over and now I sleep there. It's nice minus the bright yellow sponge-painted walls; the plain decor of the other room was so much better. Monday was also the last night TJ was in the country so they all came over to hang out here. Then, he went home the next morning, by bus (10 hours to the capital of Nicaragua, an overnight stay there, and then 10 more hours to his city in Honduras) Not a trip that sounds particularly pleasing to me, but I'd be willing to make it. Apparently TJ is one of the wealthier (or wealthiest) families there and he did offer for us to take a trip there in 2 months when our tourist visas run out. I think we may take him up on it. We'd know someone and have a place to stay (including meals) meaning we'd only have to pay the bus fare. Not bad.

Wednesday was my dad, and Katie's, birthdays. I called them both. Their gifts were the phone calls and the cards I sent haha, It's expenive to wish someone a happy birthday from another country, something we take for granted in the states...

Thursday after class we went to Giovanni's house to watch the first game (of two) for the National Championship (soccer, of course) And it just so happened that the teams playing were the two teams that Amber and I like. My team was winning 2-1 until the final minutes when her team scored and then the game was over. So it was a sad ending for everyone cheering for our team. At the house, there were two babies (3 and 4 months old) and one dog! It was like heaven! Only one baby woke up while we were there and I could only talk to him in English, I dont know how to say baby stuff in Spanish, plus he liked the English anyway...

I might be able to get a cell phone we're going to check into some prices and see if it can be done (not legally of course haha) Amber's getting hooked up through a guy at work.

*Side Note- I just got a call from a man looking for Maria Somebody and he had the phone number right, but she doesnt live here. She doesnt even live on this side of town. So after we cleared that up he asked who I was and all these questions like we were having a normal conversation and then it got really awkward so I was like ok, well im sorry you had the wrong number and he was like ok, well Sara- it was nice meeting you maybe I'll give you a call another time. And I just laughed and said ok, well, bye.

Oh, also last week we went to this store- Hiper Mas- and it's just like WalMart! It has everything from yard stuff to stuff for the house, to food, plus a pharmacy and, well, everything...it was great. Although all I bought was a blanket, some cereal bars, and American peanut butter. Something I've missed, and the national brands here just don't taste right for some reason.

Sunday was mother's day. I did send my mom a card, thank you very much, and she did get it before she left on vacation (man I'm good)...I also called her- a 12 minute/$36 call...that she'll be paying for =) haha, thanks Mom...Sunday night was also the championship game. We were up 1-0 at half, then the other team scored after the half and then we scored immediately after and it was 2-1 for a long time. Then the other team got a corner kick and they scored making it even...then right at the end of the game they got a direct kick close to the goal and the ball bounced off someone then goalie was down everyone was scrambling and then someone passed it back into the mix in front of the goal and then with 5 guys (yes we counted during each replay) offsides they scored again. The linesman acted like he didnt even see their whole team offsides! It was frustrating, but you know, I'm not a passionate fan (since I just started supporting the team a month ago) but as a third party I didn't think it was fair that the other team won the National Championship while 5 guys were offsides....
The came over for the game too...
I can't spell his name and her's is Melissa.

Today was our first day taking live calls at work (!) it was scary but we survived. I think only one of all my calls was normal. I had people who needed me to match prices, accept coupons, find 22 leather chairs in a certain price range and have them delivered before friday, one woman needed a table no taller than 22 inches tall and preferred it be under $200, a woman who was looking for a portable DVD player at a certain Miami location, a woman who needed checks for her company, oh so many weird things. I think I got a lot better with the calls by the end of the day but I was sweating SOO much during each call! It was awful. I did make a joke today, I was so proud of myself. The woman ordering checks works for an eye doctor, and their fax number ended in 2020, and I laughed and told her about how convenient that was and she laughed and told me she'd never realized (I'm glad she laughed). Still makes me laugh a little bit right now thinking about it...tomorrow will be better. Wednesday they'll start listening to our calls and rating us (no pressure)...

Well that's about all for now!!! How do you feel now that I updated? So relieved I'm sure...
PS...Thanks for calling Luis Molina =) It was so good hearing from you!
Andres- I thought about it and I think this is what I'd like for you to send: (any of the following is fine, pick something) 2 bags of Jet-Puffed Marshmallows, Double Stuf Oreos, Rice Krispies, and/or candy...So now you have something to choose from =) Double check the address with my mom, It may be different than what you have.... Thanks Andres! =)

No hay comentarios.: