domingo, 8 de julio de 2007

My Parent's Week in Costa Rica:

Ok so my parents have been here all week and are leaving tomorrow (very sad) but we did have a lot of fun!

Mom got here Friday- after her flight was delayed about 4 hours, which meant we didn't get back to my house until after midnight- and she'd been up for about 28 hours. I also tried waxing my legs for the first time it was horrible.


Dad got here Saturday afternoon- he got in about the time we expected, maybe about 30 minutes later, but no big deal (not like mom's flight) We rented a car afterwards and went grocery shopping for the beach.

Sunday we left around 10:30 for the beach (after we said we were leaving at 9, but we're Britt's so its expected) When we got to the beach it was SO hot, but SO beautiful. We checked in but didn't do much else on Sunday, walked around the hotel pool and stuff and cooked dinner. This is the view fom the hotel.


Monday we spent the whole day at the beach, it was overcast and finally started raining around 4 or so but it was nice. We walked both directions as far as we could so we did a lot of walking.


Tuesday we spent the whole day in the Manuel Antonio national park. It was really nice. We saw iguanas, crabs and lots of monkeys. We "hiked" through the forest there and then spent the rest of the afternoon on the beach inside the park. (dad jumping over a tree)

These monkeys were being teased by a boy who had a banana. He put it in the backpack and walked away. Well this monkey jumped out of the tree ran over opened the backpack, took it out and ran back up the tree to share with his friends

Wednesday we went to the pool in the morning and then afterwards drove back (only about 3 1/2 hours) We did stop on a bridge and saw about 14 crocodiles in the river below us, that was pretty cool.Then we returned the car and then didnt do much else.

Thursday and Friday I had to go back to work (although I do have a doctor's note for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to prove how sick I was those days) My parents came to the mall and had lunch with me- they took a bus there all by themselves, I was so proud =) afterwards we took a taxi downtown to the hotel they were going to stay in and had dinner there. Friday they did an all day tour and went to see Poas Volcano, La Paz Waterfalls, a coffe plantation and saw how they make the coffee and a bunch of wildlife and waterfalls. They said they really enjoyed it, and did get some great pictures.

Saturday we went to Puntarenas, the closest beach to the city. It wasn't 1/2 as beautiful as all the other beaches I've been to here in Costa Rica but it was still a beach. It was great to spend a Saturday outside of the house, which is where we usually spend every Saturday =)

Amber protecting her new hair color:

1 comentario:

Karis dijo...

I don't know - I thought I'd told you. Guess not. Glad you found it, too. :)