domingo, 29 de julio de 2007

I'm Still Down Here...

I realize its been about 2 weeks since my last update, but I am still here...

Lets see how many super-exciting things have happened since the 17th...

Well for starters Amber and I no longer work for UNELA. It really happend. I talked to Elizabeth by phone told her I wouldn't be able to do it anymore and I actually followed through with it. I thought for sure they'd ask me to stay and I'd cave- but I didn't! So this is not only quitting a job, but an interal victory for myself as well. And man it feels good. I loved teaching but it was alot of extra time a week and really far away, its just better for everyone (except the students and UNELA) that we quit.

Friday I went to the doctor and found out that I not only had some sort of bacterial infection (gross) but vertigo as well. She determined this by asking me about 10 minutes worth of questions related to my dizziness and then checking my eyes with a light. I guess theyre not responding appropriately and working to hard to do something simple. So as it turns out I don't need a new prescription already, I just need my eyes to get their act together and do the one job they were given. She gave me some prescriptions which averaged out to about $20 worth of medicine (really expensive here, plus they were the generic brands) but by this time next week I should be feeling a whole lot better, and a whole lot less dizzy- if not then I have to do some blood tests (yay)

I got to talk to my parents, and Derek for a couple hours this last week. I was really excited about that. I hadn't talked to them since they went home from here. And Derek I havent talked to in even longer (by phone or virtual communication) although I do recall a certain text message he sent me on June 8th that said (and I quote) "but I love u too n I promise to start emailing you!" Interesting, isn't it? That is a direct quote, I didn't add to that or take away in any way...

Aaron on the other hand has left me myspace messages as well as posting videos of my beautiful neices. You should check them out on YouTube if you haven't seen them yet, search by Reagan Micyal...although for my reading audience they probably wouldnt be of any interest. I did almost cry when Riley talked too me though. I also almost cried watching The Porch video Derek made with my Grandparents. I've just become a really sensitive person since I've been here. Amber and I both picked up new things like that. I'm always crying about something and she's always mad about something. We blame it on the culture shock- we are so not like that in real life (real life, as in, life in our hometowns)

Well I guess that about sums up the really cool life I've been living since the 17th, arent you glad you stopped by to waste your time reading that =)

Oh! And no work tomorrow- national holiday! =) But if I did want to go it would be Beach Theme Day in the office- however, no see through clothing, no spaghetti straps and if you wear shorts they must be knee length- so the only adjustment they really made to the normal dress code is, we could wear flip flops and beach appropriate hats. As tempting as that is I think I'll just stay home and sleep all day.

4 comentarios:

Karis dijo...

Actually, I went on a world map and I think Alaska is farther away. I was surprised, though. It's weird - I feel like I'm going to a foreign country... I like reading your blogs and updates. It makes me feel like you're not so far away. It was sad to be in Indy without you... Miss you back. I'll be putting up more interesting blogs soon since I'm traveling now. Love-

Karis dijo...

Oh yeah, and the photo. If you're on the front page when you first sign in, click on layouts. Otherwise you'll have to go in and get into edit, and click on template, like you're going to change the layout of your page. Then click on the side, right under where it says "add a page element" or something, and I think the first one has something to do with your description of the blog or something. Anyway, click the first one underneath the "add" box, and there should be a part where you can add an image. You might just have to click around different places, but adding a photo will be under the template part of edit. Hope that helps!

Karis dijo...

Sorry - 3 in a row. Okay, joking, you're going to have to go to Dashboard, then click on layout, then you can start clicking away to find the place where they hide the photo option. Good luck!

Anónimo dijo...

Sarah,
I like checking your blog site. It keeps me updated and I feel like I know what's happening with you. I miss seeing you at my house, and even though Katie has moved out you are still welcome anytime!
Love, Patty